View Profile Psychopath

365 Movie Reviews

To those who don't get it, Thomas is one of the holocaust trains. That is why he is at the Nuremberg trials.

This feels like a Flash movie I'd watch in 2003. It feels like you used the VHS effect to cover up the lacking technical aspects of the animation, for example, Thomas' face bounces erratically in the flash back, the nazi's face looks deformed, straight lines on buildings are wavy, smoke just wiggles back and forth, ect. I should mention that just because I don't like the art quality doesn't mean I dislike the art style, I liked the color choices & the minimalist approach.

Lepy is my favorite character.

I know the SWF format is on it's way out but it would be much appreciated if you could upload the SWF of this episode, I feel like I'm watching a full-motion JPEG whenever I try to read the wall paper in the background. This video export is not very high quality and getting the genuine vector experience would be much appreciated.

Other than that this was actually a pretty good fight & it actually felt like there was good give and take between Sanford & the Tricky clones. A big hang up I've always had since the Auditor was introduced was that every fight felt like a squash match to the point that it felt like a formality rather than an actual fight & the odds never stacked against the protagonists unless it was stacked way over their ability to actually win, making it another squash.

It's really too bad that the compression of the video just killed a lot of my ability to appreciate and enjoy this episode. Any time I export video using Swivel, I always make sure the video is as lossless as possible. No idea if your computer is strong enough to pull that off but if it's not, again I reiterate, having access to the SWF of the episode would greatly enhance the viewing experience in my humble nobody opinion. It's like the difference between a bluray and a DVD if I'm going to be honest.

@Cethic, there's nothing wrong with my monitor. It's an ASUS VX238H with 1ms and 60hz refresh rate. You have no reason to be offended and defensive, I was being polite. But thanks for the suggestion, the Youtube copy is significantly better.

By the way, idiot, there is JPEG compression in this video export, here's proof:

Before leveling exposure:

After leveling exposure:

Cethic responds:

Don't know what's wrong with your monitor, but it's perfectly clear on my monitor (and many others), which is displaying it at 1080p. I can read the text perfectly fine and see absolutely no jpeg compression or bluriness.

That being said, If the quality is such a big deal go watch it in 2160p on YouTube.

49 Game Reviews

December is the wrong time of year to submit a Halloween game. You may want to check your calendar to verify.

By the way, if your results are returning a value of NaN, you need to remove things like commas from the equation. Commas in ActionScript are used for things like declaring a series of variables or creating an array, so when you type in a comma, it doesn't register as a string but rather you're telling the interpreter that a value like, say, "2,509" for your B/P score is actually two separate values; 2 and 509.

Scottmale24 didn't anticipate this and didn't optimize his code to accept commas as a string, only as raw script input, which means commas are taken as code by the interpreter. Had he programmed it to take string data rather than raw numbers, that would allow him to convert the string back into a numeric value while removing string values like letters and punctuation marks so the raw number data could be plugged back into the calculator without error.

When an SWF file returns a value of NaN, you've probably entered a value that the interpreter doesn't understand or you've accidentally entered in actual ActionScript code that undermines the program's design. You can actually cause Flash to redefine variable datatypes by giving it inappropriate values like letters, which will cause Flash to redefine a mathematical variable to a string. This is because Flash is capable of accepting what's called "implicit programming", where if a variable is left undefined in datatype and you plug in a value, the interpreter will attempt to fill in the blanks and assign a datatype for you.

Holy shit, it's like 2005 again. Right in the nostalgia.

PuffballsUnited responds:

How..? The first game came out in 2008 haha

78 Audio Reviews

This isn't Industrial, this is Ambient. The whole point of Industrial as far as mood is concerned is that it's supposed to be dark, dismal and bleak. It's actually supposed to be the opposite of Techno in a way. For a good example of what Industrial should be like, look up a song called Martial Law by AliceMako.

I'm giving you a 2.5 because I wanted to give you the fairest shake I could. Industrial isn't dancing in a club out of the Jetsons, it's hiding in the sewers from strike drones. I know it might be a dick move to write a review on a song that barely touches on the music itself, but I don't peruse the Industrial section for optimistic music.

mrcompston responds:

Yeah sorry about that, was half asleep when I posted the track. Basically, I thought at the time it read "instrumental", that is why I clicked on it, I should have known better really. Thank you for your honest feedback :)

Sounds like a song you'd hear from LISA the Painful RPG.

One of the better uses of Mixcraft I've heard yet. Very well made.

ADR3-N responds:

Wow, didn't expect a review on this since it's so old -- before I had an idea about music making. Glad you liked!

52 Art Reviews

I'd like to point out that she's not sitting on the platform.

Beautifully creative, gorgeously colored, utterly flawless... save for lulzy backdrop error.

I'm impressed with the amount of work and detail you put into this background. I do see a handful of problems though, everywhere I look on the page I see little corners that weren't filled in all the way, you may want to consider changing the Gap Size settings on the paint bucket tool to Don't Close Gaps.

You may also want to reconsider the tool you use for outlines since the Brush tool is a coloring tool & you seem to have trouble erasing outlines that cross into other outlines. You could erase a lot of those overcrossing outlines using the Line Tool with the Snap to Objects setting on; drag the the Line Tool outline over the affected area, break it and color over the stump you want to erase.

If you want the same visual effect you get with the Brush Tool, it can be done with the Pencil or Line Tool but the only drawback is it takes way longer, but you'll have more refined control of how each color-outline appears.

On the off chance that you're using the Eraser Tool, the Selection Tool is better if you want to delete elements that need to be chucked.

Your work reminds me a lot of a guy's content I enjoy, he's been around since 2004; his username 'round these parts is Noiserover. Be prepared, he has a penchant for disgusting humor.

Affable misanthrope, common narcissist, incorruptibly amoral, aspiring arsonist, friendly neighborhood psychopath.

25, Male