Skids Skids

This is pretty rough. I'm going to just assume you're using Flash so as a heads up, whenever you use the tween for a zoom-in or an object veering off into the distance, make sure the height and width dimensions are locked and don't use the free transform tool to expand the content on the stage, just fiddle with the numbers in the height and width until you get the focus you want. Seeing that zoom where everything started expanding vertically was painful.

Trunchbull responds:

I used PaintTool SAI to draw the animation [its not an animation program though..] and photoshop to put the animation into mov files... no flash, everything had to be hand tweened... so thats why its not that great hahhhh

LISA the painful animation LISA the painful animation

You cut a bunch of corners on the art and animation, not a whole lot of love went into it. This is way beneath the skill level you demonstrated in /V/ Rage, both the remake and the original. This feels like an amateurs work and I get the impression that the VHS effect was meant to cover that up to a degree, masquerading as atmospheric. Speaking of, the VHS effect makes this nearly unwatchable. I think the biggest sin is that, coming from you, this could have been leaps and bounds more impressive.

NCH responds:

errrrr.... this was a shot to shot copy to the hokuto no ken opening animation.... its kinda the whole point of it....

you..did watch the hoktuo no ken opening animation right? the whole point of this animation was to make parody LISA characters into the hokuto no ken anime, which was a 80s anime and I did a shot to shot remake that youtube actually flagged it as a copyright claim of the actual animation (it thought I uploaded the anime even though I re-work it)

Vamp ep. 5 Vamp ep. 5

Very impressive, especially for 2005. 45 frames per second, a good voice actor with mostly clean audio, a finalized art style, absolutely excellent for the time. Very deserving of the Daily first.

The only thing I really dislike is the overt use of JPEGs. The compression really shows. The animation itself is admittedly not very impressive but I feel as though that many of the techniques overshadow this issue. The aesthetic choices are very creative for a gothic series, such as the TV static you used for fog.

The voice work, while excellent for the time, has a few problems, which are reverberation and background static. You managed to cover it up decently with the soundtrack but I was still able to tell.

I realize that criticizing this is a moot point since both Michael Chapin and Nick Birkner have both fallen off the planet but I feel a certain admiration toward this particular work.

It's a damn shame you two didn't continue the series past this point, if you did, you probably would have competed neck to neck with Xombie when it was still around. It really is too bad that we've entered an era of the internet where independent creators, web series and animation go to die. With the impending death of Flash, creating something by yourself and self publishing will soon be part of a bygone era.

It's not perfect, but it deserves to be acknowledged for coming close.

Halloween Hunt Halloween Hunt

December is the wrong time of year to submit a Halloween game. You may want to check your calendar to verify.

the NG Calculator the NG Calculator

By the way, if your results are returning a value of NaN, you need to remove things like commas from the equation. Commas in ActionScript are used for things like declaring a series of variables or creating an array, so when you type in a comma, it doesn't register as a string but rather you're telling the interpreter that a value like, say, "2,509" for your B/P score is actually two separate values; 2 and 509.

Scottmale24 didn't anticipate this and didn't optimize his code to accept commas as a string, only as raw script input, which means commas are taken as code by the interpreter. Had he programmed it to take string data rather than raw numbers, that would allow him to convert the string back into a numeric value while removing string values like letters and punctuation marks so the raw number data could be plugged back into the calculator without error.

When an SWF file returns a value of NaN, you've probably entered a value that the interpreter doesn't understand or you've accidentally entered in actual ActionScript code that undermines the program's design. You can actually cause Flash to redefine variable datatypes by giving it inappropriate values like letters, which will cause Flash to redefine a mathematical variable to a string. This is because Flash is capable of accepting what's called "implicit programming", where if a variable is left undefined in datatype and you plug in a value, the interpreter will attempt to fill in the blanks and assign a datatype for you.

Fleeing the Complex Fleeing the Complex

Holy shit, it's like 2005 again. Right in the nostalgia.

PuffballsUnited responds:

How..? The first game came out in 2008 haha

Thoughtful Nightmare Thoughtful Nightmare

This isn't Industrial, this is Ambient. The whole point of Industrial as far as mood is concerned is that it's supposed to be dark, dismal and bleak. It's actually supposed to be the opposite of Techno in a way. For a good example of what Industrial should be like, look up a song called Martial Law by AliceMako.

I'm giving you a 2.5 because I wanted to give you the fairest shake I could. Industrial isn't dancing in a club out of the Jetsons, it's hiding in the sewers from strike drones. I know it might be a dick move to write a review on a song that barely touches on the music itself, but I don't peruse the Industrial section for optimistic music.

mrcompston responds:

Yeah sorry about that, was half asleep when I posted the track. Basically, I thought at the time it read "instrumental", that is why I clicked on it, I should have known better really. Thank you for your honest feedback :)

Groangasm Groangasm

Sounds like a song you'd hear from LISA the Painful RPG.

Linkin Park Mashup Linkin Park Mashup

I only wish this were louder.

etK responds:

Oh god this is old lol ^^

Dagoth Ur Dagoth Ur

Beautifully creative, gorgeously colored, utterly flawless... save for lulzy backdrop error.

colorful path colorful path

I'm impressed with the amount of work and detail you put into this background. I do see a handful of problems though, everywhere I look on the page I see little corners that weren't filled in all the way, you may want to consider changing the Gap Size settings on the paint bucket tool to Don't Close Gaps.

You may also want to reconsider the tool you use for outlines since the Brush tool is a coloring tool & you seem to have trouble erasing outlines that cross into other outlines. You could erase a lot of those overcrossing outlines using the Line Tool with the Snap to Objects setting on; drag the the Line Tool outline over the affected area, break it and color over the stump you want to erase.

If you want the same visual effect you get with the Brush Tool, it can be done with the Pencil or Line Tool but the only drawback is it takes way longer, but you'll have more refined control of how each color-outline appears.

On the off chance that you're using the Eraser Tool, the Selection Tool is better if you want to delete elements that need to be chucked.

Your work reminds me a lot of a guy's content I enjoy, he's been around since 2004; his username 'round these parts is Noiserover. Be prepared, he has a penchant for disgusting humor.

Pin-ups 'n' starters // Bulbasaur // Pin-ups 'n' starters // Bulbasaur //

Shouldn't she be sliding off of the Bulbasaur? I can see both buttcheeks so that means she's not actually sitting on anything, the leg she has tucked behind him must be broken. Did you get your layers mixed up or something?

Her other foot is level at a side shot but her toes are cocked sideways. You even have the ridge of her foot cutting through that lineup of toes like they really don't belong.

The Bulbasaur's face is completely flat and why is he looking to the top right of his vision but not turning his head to face the woman?

Mojabrantes responds:

You're right, I'll do better next time :)