Thoughtful Nightmare Thoughtful Nightmare

This isn't Industrial, this is Ambient. The whole point of Industrial as far as mood is concerned is that it's supposed to be dark, dismal and bleak. It's actually supposed to be the opposite of Techno in a way. For a good example of what Industrial should be like, look up a song called Martial Law by AliceMako.

I'm giving you a 2.5 because I wanted to give you the fairest shake I could. Industrial isn't dancing in a club out of the Jetsons, it's hiding in the sewers from strike drones. I know it might be a dick move to write a review on a song that barely touches on the music itself, but I don't peruse the Industrial section for optimistic music.

mrcompston responds:

Yeah sorry about that, was half asleep when I posted the track. Basically, I thought at the time it read "instrumental", that is why I clicked on it, I should have known better really. Thank you for your honest feedback :)

Groangasm Groangasm

Sounds like a song you'd hear from LISA the Painful RPG.

Linkin Park Mashup Linkin Park Mashup

I only wish this were louder.

etK responds:

Oh god this is old lol ^^

Wacked Out Space Aliens Wacked Out Space Aliens

One of the better uses of Mixcraft I've heard yet. Very well made.

ADR3-N responds:

Wow, didn't expect a review on this since it's so old -- before I had an idea about music making. Glad you liked!

Burning Gears Burning Gears

The piano notes kill this as an Industrial song.

Yqarus responds:

Well, thank you for your kindness. :)

Intro Intro

I'm fairly certain that this is more Goth than Industrial.

(8-bit) Battlemarse (8-bit) Battlemarse

I can't wait to see the final product.

Martial Law Martial Law

One of the few actual Industrial songs in the Industrial category.

AliceMako responds:

Industrial ambient is just one flavor, most of the genre borders on progressive trance, berlin techno and decidedly teeny bopper electro these days.

Black Hole VS. Nebula Black Hole VS. Nebula

Sounds like some music that could be used for Madness Combat. In fact, it appears that's what this was meant for.

Io Eternal Io Eternal

Reminds me of the Goth music that Digital-Musician used to make back in the day. Death of the Black Rose, the Resurrection, ect. & A Disaffected Youth by Remisser. I miss Remisser. It's depressing like Digital-Musician's music but it has the laid back quality of Remisser's content. I don't know why it's listed under the Video Game "genre" since it doesn't appear to be a cover of a song or really resemble any of the classic 8bit, 16bit or 32bit eras of video game music.

I'm going to favorite this. Then I'm going to scout you both for the Audio Portal and upvote your score.

~Review Request Club.

PyramidKid responds:

Thank you for the kind words. I misunderstood Video Game tag. Now it's under Ambient. At least closer :)